27345 Aquia Path Courtland, VA. 23837
2017 TRIBAL CALENDAR $15+ $3 shipping = $18 TAX EXEMPT DONATION
Cattashowrock ( Cat-tas-how-rock) Town will reopen for tourist /general public the first day of spring, March 20, 2017 and continue to be open for two days per week Friday and Saturday through the second weekend in December 2017. The hours of operation will be 6 hours,10am- 4pm.
Relive the history, cultural, and traditions of the Iroquoian speaking Cheroenhaka (Nottoway) Indians of Southampton County VA with Chief Red Hawk. Enjoy Native American Dancing, Drumming and Singing. A maze of color in Native American Dance Regalia. Special Guest the Aztec Dancers. Visit the Cheroenhaka (Nottoway) Indian History Booth and learn to speak our Iroquoian Language as recorded by John Wood in 1820. View Native Artifacts with ASV, Nansemond Chapter, dating back to 10,000 BC. Visit our Native American Arts & Craft and Jewel Vendors. Enjoy the taste of Native Cuisine â€“ Indian Taco, Fry Bread, Fish & Chips, Corn Soup, Funnel Cake and more. Visit Cattashowrock Town, a 17th Century replica Native American Palisade Village, as identified by William Byrd of Westover upon his visits to what is now Southampton County on April 7th & 8th, 1728 â€“ walk the interpretative trails guided by signage in our Iroquoian language and in English identifying Native Flora and Fauna indigenous to the area. SOL Appropriate / Specific.
- CATTASHOWROCK TOWN DONATION BROCHURE
- GRAND OPENING OF CATTASHOWROCK TOWN NOVEMBER 16TH & 17TH 2012
- CHEROENHAKA NOTTOWAY INDIAN TRIBE INTER-TRIBAL"CORN DANCE SPRING FESTIVAL" POWWOW MAY 5TH 6TH 2013
- 13TH ANNUAL CHEROENHAKA NOTTOWAY INDIAN INTER-TRIBAL GREEN CORN DANCE POWWOW / MORTGAGE BURNING CEREMONY JULY 27 2013
- 2015 TRIBAL POST CARD
- Long Leaf Pine Planting
- 20,000 LONG LEAF PINES FULFILL VISION OF "RED HAWK"
- 100 Acres Tribal Land
- SITE PLAN:CHEROENHAKA (NOTTOWAY) CULTURE CENTER/MUSEUM AND WELLNESS CENTER/NON-DENOMINATIONAL WORSHIP CENTER